What is the ideal time to start intercourse after family planning surgery?

Question
WHAT IS IDEAL TIME TO START INTERCOURCE AFTER FAMILY PLANNING OPERATION ?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depends Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Family Planning Operation include : Vasectomy (Ligation of cord in males) Tubectomy or tubal Ligation (Females). Ideal time of intercourse after a Vasectomy is soon after operation ( If other method is used like condoms) and 90 days( without other methods of contraception). After Tubal Ligation in females, intercourse as soon as she feel like it and it does not cause pain, which is usually 1 week after surgery. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: What is the ideal time to start intercourse after family planning surgery? 8 hours later
My wife has been done family planning operation,not to me then when can we start sexual intercourse ?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: As soon as she feels well Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow-up. Sexual intercourse can be done as soon as your partner feels okay for it after tubal ligation. But we advise to take rest for minimum of one week for the wounds to heal properly. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish both of you good health.

Follow-up: What is the ideal time to start intercourse after family planning surgery? 3 hours later
Even after family planning operation, is there risk of pregenency now ?

Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chances are very less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow-up. Tubal ligation is approximately 99% effective till the first year of operation and after that its effectiveness somewhat decreases. Yes there is risk of pregnancy but the chances are very minimal approx. below 1%. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.