What is the ideal fat percentage required to have in a muscular body? How to measure it?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had a separate call session with Dietician earlier.
I'm 5'7" Male, Age-34, Wt-72/73 Kgs.

I have a query related to my body composition.

I need to know fat percentage in my body. Ideal fat % required to have a lean/muscular body. How do I measure this? Do we have testing facility for this with XXXXXXX ?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Your concern for your fitness is appreciable.

Unfortunately there is only physical way of getting a body composition analysis done.

You have to go to a fitness center and get it done.

For a speculation there are some softwares which give you the readings after some input.

Thought we have found the data from software not up to the XXXXXXX when compared to the one from the standard equipments.

Average body fat for an adult male is 15-18% of the body weight, but this is relative to your weight, a better parameter is Body Mass Index – BMI.

We are sorry, we XXXXXXX not provide this service at XXXXXXX

Hope all clear.
Any confusion do revert back.

Get Well Soon.