What is the herbal medicine for deposition of tar in lungs?

during bowl or after I feel difficulties in breathing for few minuts, still I dont know what it is.
I am smoker for long time can you prscribed some herbal only from India to eliminate the tar from my lung
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Ayurveda
Follow-up: What is the herbal medicine for deposition of tar in lungs? 3 minutes later
If I come to inida you are in which state, I am familiar with bombay and banglore, may I will bring my wife for rhomtoide treatment.
please study my case for breathing and herbal medicine - thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Smoking for a long time can cause not only deposition of tar in lungs but also predisposes you to various disease conditions which can cause breathing difficulties.

You need to have detailed investigations under your physician's guidance to rule out bronchitis, COPD or cancer.

Regarding the herbal treatment to clear the tar from the lungs, there are medicines which can dilate your airways but they are not likely to completely clear up the tar deposited over so many years.

These herbal medicines should best be taken under the supervision of an ayurvedacharya as these may produce effects on your cardiac functions and heart rate .

As you are facing difficulty in breathing after a bowel movement , you need to get your cardiac status checked as breathing difficulty after work is more likely to be related to a heart problem.

You need to get ECG,ECHO,Complete blood profile,Lipid profile checked.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: What is the herbal medicine for deposition of tar in lungs? 1 hour later
dont scared me for cancer, so many times I checked x XXXXXXX and only sign of smoke only. I done ecg so many times and nothing is there also eco plus all blood test related to heart antigen but nohting is there
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

X-ray is not the best investigation to detect any tissue lesions in the lung.

I would advise you to go for an MRI of lungs to be sure.

You should consult a cardiologist for proper guidance regarding the investigations needed.

At your age with a history of smoking, you should go for your routine cardiac profile every year.

Regarding your need for a doctor for your wife's treatment of Rheumatology in Bangalore Dr.B.G XXXXXXX DM (Rheumatology)is available at MANIPAL Hospital.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.