What is the glob like structure at the end of my plucked hair?

Whenever I pluck my eyebrows there is a large black or clear glob that comes out at the end of the hair. Also, I recently just had a lot of random hairs (on my head) turn translucent/shimmery, and when I pluck those hairs there is a large amount of both clear and black glob at the end. is this normal? Grey hair does not run in my family, and I am an otherwise active 30 yr old female, so I dont understand why my hair would already be turning grey, and so quickly too.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hair fall and early greying Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Your problem is mainly that of premature greying of hair. On plucking the hair, the round structure that you see is the hair follicle bulb. A white hair follicle bulb is not a cause of concern. It just means that the hair had completed its growth phase and now was the time for it to fall. So it is quite normal to have white hair bulbs. The only reason to worry is when the hair fall is in excess. Excess hair fall with white bulbs is called telogen effluvium and can be due to various causes. Any recent illness, surgery , any kind of physical or emotional stress or a change of season are important causes. Now as far as greying of hair is concerned, it is genetic in nature. It can only be partially controlled with medicines. I would advise you to take oral biotin tablets daily once a day. These are a type of multivitamins especially for the hair. You will have to take them daily for atleast three months. These will help both in controlling hair fall and the greying of hair. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the glob like structure at the end of my plucked hair? 11 minutes later
What about the black bulbs? Every single hair or eyebrow that I pluck has either a clear / white bulb or a black one.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: hair fall Detailed Answer: Hi again Both the White and black bulbs of hair are part of normal hair growth only. The white hair bulbs represent that the hair had completed its complete hair growth cycle and was ready for shedding while a black hair bulb means that the hair has fallen prematurely which can due to pulling out of the hair or any trauma. But both of these are a cause of concern only when the hair fall is excessive and occurs by itself. Dr Geetika Paul