What is the finger like structure out of anus during pregnancy? Will shield help?

I'm 23 yrs and i'm into 6th month of pregnancy. From last two weeks i,m observing that fingure like structue (tip of fingure) coming out of my anus. After toilet it comes out and few times it goes back , If it remains then i start feeling pain.

Local doctor has prescribed a ointment called "SHIELD" which i need to apply 3 times daily.

But still the problem remains same.

Pls. help me to get rid of this.

Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
The piece of tissue that comes out from your rectum is piles or hemorrhoids which is commonly seen during pregnancy.
For the treatment, some lifestyle measures need to be incorporated.

1) You should increase the fiber in your diet by eating fruits and vegetables. Be a smart grocer, choose foods which have fibre more than 25gm in the nutrition information label

2) You can also sit in hot sitz bath by sitting in a shallow bucket with hot water three times a day. The heat would help in relieving the discomfort and pain of the hemorrhoids.

3) Application of local anesthetic gels and vaso constrictors like Shield ointment are also useful.

4) However for specific treatment, you have to consult a surgeon. Some of the preferred methods are injection sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation and by surgical method like hemorrhoidectomy. Nowadays laser coagulation and infrared photocoagulation are also used.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: What is the finger like structure out of anus during pregnancy? Will shield help? 1 hour later

Thanks for your reply,

Pls. let me know this problem is over once i deliver the baby, or it will continue...bcoz local doctor has said it will get over once i deliver the baby. Is it true?

As i live in mumbai, I'm getting lot of sweat and itching in under arms area....same itching problem on my face also and it apperars like musquito bite on my face. pls let me know the solution

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
After the delivery, the symptoms of pain and the swelling of the tissue will subside. Till then you can go for conservative management.
Hot and humid weather is commonly associated with local fungal infections. You can use clotrimazole powder for symptomatic relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.