What is the feeling of something stuck in my throat?

I am having problems when I eat feels like I have something in back of throat ,also my stomach gets upset after I eat pretty much anything? been to the doctors and he thought it might be acid reflux ,im not sure I took the med the told to take but the med seem to slow down the digestive process ? never felt any food coming back up in my throat or any of the other acid reflux symptoms.. also throat feels tight
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ideal step would be to get investigated. Detailed Answer: Hello, If it is reflux then the proton pump inhibitors are prescribed for at least 2 to 4 weeks. Did you try them for this long time? THis is because they take long time to act but effective. If you have not used for so long time please do. Suppose it is not reflux or you had already tried for so many weeks? Though reflux is most common thing to present like this, few other things which can give feeling of something stuck are esophageal diverticula, polypoid lesions or small strictures etc. I would surely like to get a barium swallow and after that if needed esophageal endoscopy done to determine the cause. I recommend a visit to gastroenterologist for further evaluation. If reflux medication is affecting digestion you can surely stop it till then. Few measures which can help are avoid spicy food, smoking, alcohol, sleeping immediately after meal, drinking lots of water at one time, having large meals or bending after meals. Hope this helps. Regards.