What is the expected lifespan after a stroke?

My husband is 65 years old . 6 years ago he had a stroke. He is right side affected. He walks with a cane. His right are is still not of much use. How long in general is his lifespan? He has diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. He takes medication for each.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: he will lead a normal life span Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX I understand your concern for your husband. As long as his diabetes and blood pressure are under control, past history of stroke do not affect the natural life span. Make sure that he remains active, take medicines regularly and attend the doctor for any minor illnesses like cough or fever (if any). I can assure that he will lead a normal life span. Feel free to ask any further doubts. All the best. (A 5 star rating from you will help us serve those in need better)