What is the effective way to fight diabetes without medications?

what is the best way to tackle diabetic without resorting to drugs.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diabetes Detailed Answer: probably the most effective way to fight diabetes is with gradual weight loss. Weight-loss can significantly improve the overall control of blood sugar. Sometimes however it is impossible to control blood sugar without medications. Thanks again first in your question. Let me know if you have any additional specific concerns and we can review those as well. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: What is the effective way to fight diabetes without medications? 22 minutes later
the numbness on my right sheen, I am a bit concerned about it, And will it just go away? please, advise.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Numbness Detailed Answer: this type of symptom is not necessarily reflective of diabetes. A very good musculoskeletal exam will help your doctors decide what is contributing to your symptoms. It could be a pinched nerve. There are many other possible causes. Thank you again for sending your question. I think you should talk to your doctor again about what you are experiencing and you might request referral to a specialist for further investigation. Dr G