What is the effect of taking Bystolic, Lisinopril, Ambien together with alcohol on heart?

I am 39 years old, and 9 months ago I had CABG x2. I am taking by Bystolic, Crestor, lisinopril, aspirin, and Zoloft for severe depression. I also have chronic arthritis pain in my shoulder and I have been taking ambien for sleep. What is the effect on my heart mixing all of these medications and drinking a lot of alcohol on top of it?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You should definitely avoid drinking alcohol with the medicines you are using. Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents like zoloft and ambien you are using.
Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
Alcohol can change your blood pressure when you are using medicines like LISINOPRIL and BYSTOLIC.
Alcohol not only has so many interactions with the medicines you use but in itself it will cause damage to your liver and heart muscles.
I will advise you to quit your alcohol or cut it down to just one or two drinks per day.
You should always inform your treating doctor about your alcohol consumption.
Pleased do discuss with him.

You are most welcome to ask any other query,if you wish.
Best of luck.