What is the dry patch of scaly painless skin which is raised from peeling and has white discharge?

Excellent
Question
My girlfrind has a dry patch of skin whitch is scaly and some what raised from the peeling, im thinking it is a yeast rash due to the imediate peeling and the lack of pain, blisters and its slight pink not red and irritated, she also said she has thick creamy whitish discharge as well wich also makes me lean toward yeast i want a profesinal openinon
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: As you rightly said, seems to be fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have analyzed the pictures and considering her discharge complaint it seems to be fungal infection of skin and vagina (candidiasis). As it looks mild skin infection, I usually give antifungal cream for such patients, if it is severe enough a single dose of oral fluconazole tablet is also recommended. For vaginal infection I usually give vaginal antibiotic pessary like clotrimazole + clindamycin combination drug. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What is the dry patch of scaly painless skin which is raised from peeling and has white discharge? 44 minutes later
Thank you very much, youve gave me peace of mind, so the rash looks fungal to you? No need to be worryed about an std?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Not looking like STD. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, yes the rash looks like mild fungal infection of skin, i.e Tinea. It is not looking like any STD. If it still bothers you, you can consult a dermatologist. I usually give topical antifungal cream for such mild skin infection. You can ask a local doctor for a prescription. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!