What is the dose of Lorazapam the should be taken by a pregnant lady?

Question
hI I'M 3 WEEKS PREGNANT AND TAKE LORAZAPAM 4ML AND NOT DOING WELL WHAT IS THE HIGHEST DOES MEDICALLY IT CAN GO UP TO
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is evidence of fetal risk with Lorazepam Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Lorazepam can be taken up to a maximum of 6mg/day. In extreme cases, it can be increased to a maximum of 10mg/day. However, Lorazepam can cause risk to the fetus. Hence, it should be taken ONLY under your gynecologist's/Psychiatrist's CLOSE supervision. Consult your Gynecologist, as well as, Psychiatrist and seek their advice regarding use of Lorazepam during pregnancy. Depending on the state of pregnancy and your mental problems, the dose of Lorazepam will be adjusted accordingly. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal