What is the dosage of stamlo 5 mg medicine?

I have been taking Stamlo ( Amlodipine) 5 mg once in the morning at 9 am. I feel the effect wears of by early morning and I feel groggy and some time my pressure is high when I get up for some 30 minutes (140/95).

Is it better for me to take Stamlo 2.5 mg twice a day (morning and evening) ?

Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Amlodipiine is a long acting calcium channel blocking agent that have a half life more than 24 hours, which has reported approximately upto 33 hours. so the dose should be taken once a 24 hours that is do not will have any beneficial effect if you take it twice day.

If your blood is not controlled with current dose then in that case the dose can be increased upto 10 mg once daily but if you do not want to increase the dose or if the blood pressure is not controlled with the current dose, another drug preferably from the angiotensin receptor blockers or ACE inhibitor can be added.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask