What is the dosage of meprate and provera ?

Hi. I have pcos and amenorrhea. My gyno prescribed 10mg of Provera for 7 days to bring on my period so I can start Clomid. Instead of Provera I got Meprate (which I think is just generic Provera) because it was cheaper. Would the dosage be the same for the Meprate as it would for the Provera? I'm assuming it would because one is just a generic of the other. My gyno office will not be open until Monday and I need to take this today. Thanks!
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 35 minutes later

Both Provera and Meprate contain Medroxyprogesterone Acetate. Also the dosage will remain the same for these medications.

So you can continue with Meprate at the dose as advised by your Gynaecologist.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Dr Kiran