Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the dosage of azogen for UTI?

Question
What is the dosage for azogen for a UTI
YYYY@YYYY
I am in Mexico and have a UTI. They gave me Azogen but no dosage. I took one yesterday and 2 today. Symptons were burning sensation. Urgency to urinate. Seems a little better today.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 39 minutes later

The dose of Azogen for UTI is either 500 mgs x 2 doses or a full gram (1,000 mgs) one time dose.

Also drink plenty of fluids for UTI.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: What is the dosage of azogen for UTI? 6 minutes later
Repeat if it does not go away?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing back to me.

You should benefit from the antibiotic treatment. If there is recurrent UTI, then you may need to get a culture of the urine sample done to identify the specific antibiotics to which the infecting organism is sensitive and then get them prescribed.

Do not take any medicine on your own without your doctor's guidance.