What is the dosage of Ceftum,Doxt and Metrogyl tablets for PID treatment?

Mar 2013
I have been diagnosed with PID. I am taking Ceftum 500 1 tab twice daily, Doxt 100 1 tab twice daily and Metrogyl 400 1 tab thrice daily. is that sufficient? should my husband be taking some medicines as well? I gave birth to a baby 1 year back. My symptoms include heavy bleeding since menstruation re-started (8 months after delivery), severe chronic lower abdominal cramping pain, chills, lower back pain, fatigue.No vaginal swab was not taken. I have already started taking the antibiotics, what to do now? Which medicines should my husband take, please suggest? And how to screen for STDs?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: SUFFICIENT MEDICATION, HUSBAND ALSO SHOULD TAKE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Actually, a vaginal swab ensures that the specific offending organism is targetted and treated accordingly. You have been started empirically on antibiotics that cover most pelvic infections, so it should be sufficient. How many days course has been prescribed by you? Yes, most such infections are sexually transmitted, so your husband also should be examined and then treated. If this is not possible, he can take empirical course of FAS - 3 kit or AF - 3 kit , as it covers most infectious organisms. Also use condoms during sex till your antibiotics are completed. Screening for STDs includes physical genital examination, culture of any discharge , vaginal swab, urethral swab. All the best PLease feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What is the dosage of Ceftum,Doxt and Metrogyl tablets for PID treatment? 7 hours later
Hello Doctor, Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. Please elaborate on the FAS - 3 kit or AF - 3 kit, how to take it, the dosage, where to get it and such things. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: It is easily available at any chemist's shop. It contains one tablet of Fluconazole, one tablet of Azithromycin and 2 tablets of Secnidazole. They have to be consumed only once ( single dose. )
Follow-up: What is the dosage of Ceftum,Doxt and Metrogyl tablets for PID treatment? 18 hours later
So all the tablets are to be taken all at once or separately on the same day?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer: DIRECTED BELOW Detailed Answer: 1. Azithromycin has to be taken on empty stomach early in the morning ( before breakfast ). 2. Fluconazole can be taken after lunch. 3. Two white tablets ( secnidazole ) both have to be taken together after dinner. So you will complete all 4 tablets ( the whole kit ) in one day.