What is the dosage for augmentin syrup for a child? Respiratory tract infection and viral fever.

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
What is the dosage for augmentin ds syrup for a 2year/ 16 kgs. She is suffering fromnupper fever as per doc. She has been given doxcef 50 - 7.5ml 2 times a day. But she is vomitting this. She is tolerant to augmentis dds syrup.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later

Augmentin DS syrup has amoxicillin and clavalunate and is a strong antibiotic formulation reserved for significant bacterial infection as a course of five days.

It is unethical to prescribe prescription medications like Augmentin without examining the patient as it can have side effects like allergy, gastrointestinal side effects, renal toxicity, etc.

Kindly do not self medicate, consult your pediatrician, as viral fever is a self limiting condition not warranting antibiotic therapy.

I hope, you understand my limitation on this forum of not prescribing dosage of medicine. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

I wish your child a speedy recovery.