What is the doasage of cremaffin for a 2 years 8 months old kid wieghing 16 kg & height 98 cms?

What is the doasage of cremaffin for a 2 years 8 months old kid wieghing 16 kg & height 98 cms.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 44 minutes later

Cremaffin is available in the market as plain cremaffin (170 ml bottle contain liquid paraffin and Milk of Magnesia) or cremaffin plus (110 ml bottle contain liquid paraffin, milk of magnesia and sodium picosulphate.

In a child of age group between 2-5 years cremaffin can be given in the dose of 3-5 ml (approximately 1 teaspoonful) at night preferable with water.

Long term uses of cremaffin are not advisable and the exact dosage needed can be decided by the treating doctor. You can consult a competent gastroenterologist and evaluate for the cause of constipation and its treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review for me.

Wish your child a speedy recovery.

Dr Sourav Ganguly