What is the difference between vaginal genital warts and the spots due to yeast infection?

how do you tell the difference between vaginal genital warts and the spots/pimples that a yeast infection could cause
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
A direct examination of the swelling is the most effective way of differentiating the warts from pimples. Warts are generally proliferative painless growths attached to the skin and usually are multiple in number.
The pimples are caused by superficial skin infections and are painful. These do improve on applying a topical steroid based antiseptic ointment.
A histopathological examination is confirmatory.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.