What is the difference between stretch marks, dimpling and ridging?

What is the difference between stretch marks and dimpling, ridging ect....? In a previous question I asked I said that I lost around ten pounds fast due to anxiety/panic and it happen that the weight seemed to be lost in my breast. Now the stretch marks I had seemed to become worse and deeper. All I can describe it is like a pair of tube socks, they became a little more soggier also. I am just scared to go online and research this because everyone says different. Can you please help.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

This happens with both weight loss and normal ageing. This is not cancer or any serious process, most likely. If you do not have a breast mass or any discharge or swollen lymph glands under the armpit, probably you do not need to get checked out. Dimpling is only concerning, if it involves the nipple along with discharge. So be relaxed.

Hope this is helpful.