What is the difference between fluid on chest and just gas?

Whats the difference between fluid on chest and just gas. I recently got a colonoscopy done and they found a sessile 8mm polyp which was removed. I had a lot of belching and blood in my stool. The blood in my stool has thankfully went away but i still have excessive belching with a funny sensation in my left chest. When i touch my left chest and touch and move my left breast it feels like like a bubbly feeling like acidic in my left chest and it makes me feel like my heart is racing but its not because all of blood pressure and heart rate has been normal. I can feel it more sitting down than when im standing up.

Ive also had a 99.0 fever with sneezing coughing and runny nose. Im not sure if it its chest mucus or something else. I also do not know if this is related to the removal of the polyp. Please help me!!!
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Polyp and chest complaints any not be related.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Colonic Polyp is a precancerous lesion. It is good that your got rid of it. Yearly screening may be required because the chance of recurrence is high.

Fluid in the chest is called Pleural effusion. This is due to collection of inflammatory fluid in the pleural space. It may be due to infection, cancer, etc..

Gas is a colloquial term used for gastric discomfort due to Gastritis.

Secondly coming to your chest problem. The sensation may be due to fullness of the stomach with fluid or gas or it may be due to chest infection.

You may need a chest X XXXXXXX and ultrasound of the abdomen to arrive at a diagnosis.

Hope the answer helps you.