What is the difference between fluid in the chest and cold in the chest?

How do i know the difference between fluid on the chest or cold on the chest (like bronchitis)?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only an investigation would reveal that info

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

That is a good question, but as this condition is of an XXXXXXX organ, the best way to find any fluid filled cavity within the lungs (chest) or help differentiate it with a simple infection is with the help of investigations. The most basic investigation would be a chest x-ray and a more detailed and accurate one would be a CT scan of the thorax.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: What is the difference between fluid in the chest and cold in the chest? 5 minutes later
Ive been suffering with sinus problems coughing, nasal drip and i feel like something is in my chest and i think its cold. What can i do go relieve it?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chest x-ray, sputum analysis and antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

Your symptoms do sound like that of an infection, in my opinion the best thing to do would be to investigate and find the exact type of infection. For this a chest x-ray and a sputum analysis would be required. While we wait for the results, your doctor can initiate a course of antibiotics. I am sure antibiotics are the solution to your problem, but the most accurate antibiotic can be known and then used once the test results come in. I hope you understand why it is necessary to visit a doctor.

I hope I have succeeded in explaining this to you well enough. If you have any further clarifications or if I have not explained anything well enough, please feel free to write back to me. I would be more than happy to help. Wishing you a speedy recovery.