What is the difference between aten 50 and omezest 40?

What is the difference between aten 50 and omezest 40
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chitra Reddy 2 hours later

I suppose that your question is ”what is the difference between aten 50 and olmezest 40?”

Both of them are used in the treatment of high blood pressure.

Aten 50 is atenolol .
It is a beta-blocker(a beta 1 selective beta-blocker without intrinsic sympathomimetic and membrane stabilising activity.).
It relaxes blood vessels and slows down the heart rate to improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure. prescribed for chest pain and high blood pressure.

Olmezest 40 is Olmesartan.
It is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, prescribed for high blood pressure.
It works by blocking the action of certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly.

Let me know if you have further queries that I can explain you.