What is the diagnosis for extreme back pain, headache and fever?

My daughter had extreme back pain, head ache last night with feaver 100.1 to 100.8 last night. Today temperature below normal 95 - 96 with bad head ache plus back pain, can't move neck more than 15 degrees without pain, she is 24
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
Thanks for the query,
The symptoms mentioned above extreme back pain, head ache with fever seem to be due to viral fever.

Treatment of viral fever is purely symptomatic with antipyretic (for fever) and analgesic drugs(pain). She needs ADVIL / MOTRIN 400mg, thrice per day after food as for her age. Complete Bed rest and adequate fluid intake is advised for 48 hours. Applying a cold sponging is helpful.

Soaking in lukewarm water for about 5 to 10 minutes a couple of times in the day
Dressing in clothing that is light and cool.
Consuming a lot of fluids, especially water, fruit juice, weak tea and hot soup. This helps reduce a Viral fever .Eating foods that are bland and are cooked without any oil or spices

Check for 24 hours, since you have mentioned extreme neck pain with inability to move the neck it is better you get yourself tested by a General physician if the above measures do not help.

Hope my answer is adequate, I am available for follow up should you have anymore concern.