What is the diagnosis for body pain, brain fog, sensitivity to foods?

Nov 2013

Sir, I am suffering from these diseases for 7-8 years, and it is increasing day by day. I had got treatment from several doctors, But there was no improvement. They do not seem to know what this disease, you can tell that this is what disease, or to know which test should be done. Symptoms are 1- consistent Pain throughout the Body inside (internally all body) 2- brain fog (feeling like a mental fog), impaired memory or concentration, poor brain function 3- sensitivities to foods like tomato, yogurt, pickles, sour cream, tomato souse, sour food, mix salad, mix and curry vegetables , 4- Bloating, poor digestion
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and would like to reassure you that these do not represent any serious diseases. The neurological problem in your case is fibromyalgia. In this condition, there is widespread aches and pains, involving various parts of body. Most tests would be normal in this, including MRI of spine, nerve conduction studies, serum vitamin B12 level and thyroid profile. However, these should be done to exclude other conditions that could cause similar symptoms. Poor brain function could be due to vitamin B12 deficiency, thyroid disease or reduced blood supply to the brain. In addition to the blood tests, a brain scan should also be done. Your gastro symptoms are probably due to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and an evaluation by a gastroenterologist would help. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Follow-up: What is the diagnosis for body pain, brain fog, sensitivity to foods? 37 hours later
Sir Maybe it is Fibromylgia, but how will we know that this is Fibromilgia, but main problem in consistent Foggy Mind is a problem. can do to take some medicine, and I sure it is food related Sensitivity, that is control by food, increase pain than getting some food,How do I know what disease it is, Can you give any medicine for controlling consistent Foggy Mind, More impairment in daily practice thanks XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 0000
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis, and there are no tests available to confirm the diagnosis. At this stage, piracetam tablets would help, especially to clear the foggy mind. This medicine is usually given at a dose of 800 mg taken two times daily. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow-up: What is the diagnosis for body pain, brain fog, sensitivity to foods? 26 hours later
your suggest medicine for food related brain fog piracetam 800 mg but sir These medicines are not available in the market please suggest other or subtitled XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 0000
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: They are available. Detailed Answer: Piracetam is freely available in India, in the brand name NOOTROPIL. Please ask the chemist for NOOTROPIL. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)