What is the cure for throbbing pain in abdomen?

I drank a lot of alcohol last night. I am a regular drinker in that on weekends there is often at least one night when I binge drink. Week days I usually don't drink anything. This morning, I didn't have any breakfast, then had a late lunch around 2pm. Then, a couple of hours ago around 4.30pm I started to notice a dull throbbing pain on the right side of my abdomen. I'm guessing it could be where roughly where my liver/pancreas/gallbadder is. I can remember a couple of times over the last two years when I had a similar throbbing from too much drinking but it's quite rare - most of the time I feel fine there. Please could you tell me what you think it is and if there are any solutions/cures?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, The dull pain you experience after heavy drinking is an acute side effect of drinking alcohol heavily. It might be related to: - pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) - inflammation of gallbladder (usually, gallbladder becomes lazy in those drinking alcohol) - colitis attack So, to identify the real cause to your dull pain, I'd suggest to: - do abdominal ultrasound - do tests for liver, gallbladder and pancreatic functions (bilirubin, GGT, lipase, ALP, AST, ALT) - start taking antacids - take buscopan for pain Hope it answered to your questions? Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Klerida