What is the cure for tender lymph nodes and back pain?

Tender but not swollen lymph nodes and back pain, normal body temperature so fever, lost of weight or anything else...This is kind of like the 2nd time in a month it's happened it's been tender under my arm (I had a flu shot), and a week or two before my right neck had 3 lymph nodes one was swollen the others were tender, and after antibiotics they went away but now two under my chin are tender not swollen their not moveable but since I previously had one swollen I know how they feel when their swollen these are small but I can feel them whereas a few days ago I couldn't...The only thing I have done in the last 3-4 days was on Friday night I took Cialis my lymph nodes became tender on Monday morning upon me waking up along with severe back pain, could this be the issue? To weigh out STDs I have had a STD panel done everything was negative I even had a HIV RNA PCR test done at 9 days and 17 days post any sexual experience but even in that sexual experience there was no oral or penetration just fore play
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Viral infection likely. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Everything you describe here sounds like most likely a benign type of viral syndrome. Viruses in the environment are common and when we are exposed to them they can sometimes trigger a constellation of symptoms including fatigue, lymph gland swelling, etc. Since the STDs have been ruled out, there s no need to worry. Any lymph node swelling that is less than 2 cm in size is likely to be due to a benign infection or allergy. It can last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 to 6 weeks. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.