What is the cure for sore throat and red rings at the back of the throat?

I've had a sore throat for four days. low grade fever (not above 100), little dry cough, and some pressure in my ears. The sore throat has been getting worse. I've been taking Advil to help with the pain with continuous doses for more than 24 hours. I have a good number of white spots, ringed in red on the back of my throat, maybe 10. Will this get better or do I need to see a doctor?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try remedies for two days Detailed Answer: Hi, I checked the picture with spots. You seem to have viral flu. I hope you are not asthmatic or allergic. I suggest remedies till you wait it out. 1) Tab DISPRIN in water. Gargles once every 8 hours for two days 2) Adjuct the above with warm water with salt gargles 3) Sy ROBUTUSSIN (check dose on bottle) can be used twice a day for cough (if needed), Tab ADVIL if body aches. 4) Warm water with honey and lemon sips every two hours 5) Complete rest and very hot food. If you have fever with chills and rigors and/or breathing difficulty any time during these two days you should visit the doctor. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: What is the cure for sore throat and red rings at the back of the throat? 11 minutes later
Thanks for your help. Sounds like I don't need a doctor, which is a relief. But I am not sure what a few of your remedies mean. Is DISPRIN asprin? Is #1 and #2 two different recommendations? Not sure what you mean by "Tab" "adjunct" and "Sy"
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clearing the queries Detailed Answer: Tablet (Tab) DISPRIN is dissolvable aspirin (if not allergic to). Salt water gargling altering with DISPRIN gargles. E.g: Salt water gargles early morning, dispirin gargles mid morning, salt water gargles at noon and disprin after noon. Sy is Syrup