What is the cure for small cracks in the right side of my tongue?

ENT Specialist
My tongue has small cracks in right side edge since morning.. whenever my teeth touches that place it hurts... I never had this before... took 1 B complex tablet but it didnt solve my problem.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax, nothing serious Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. There can be multiple causes of cracks on the tongue. Sharp tooth margin, dietary deficiency, gastro intestinal disturbances, altered bowel habits, tongue bite or even stress can be a cause of tongue cracks. Use of alcohol, tobacco also can be a reason for the cracked tongue. Oral thrush, acid reflux, allergic reactions and cancer can be the other causes. Your history is of one day and no serious problem can be there. So, relax and take B complex for few days. A single tablet of B complex will not be effective. Use kenacort gel for local application over tongue, in case the problem does not resolve. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cure for small cracks in the right side of my tongue? 16 minutes later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX I am Grateful to you for the answer... I was damn scared. yes I do have abnormal teeth where exactly this pain is.. also have gastro problem and on medication for oesophagitis grade a. Also have bad breath due to sinus and tonsils... So i was damn scared of this tongue pain but I dont see any bump or lymph on the tongue. I will continue the B complex for few days.. Thanks so much again. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Get the irritant tooth treated Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. First thing you should do is to get the suspected tooth treated. Use a high fibre diet as a routine and occasional use of probiotic preparation. A long course of proton pump inhibitors will also help in solving the problem. Use kenacort gel for local application over the painful area. If problem does not subside in few days, consult an ENT and get the area inspected and palpated. Feel free to ask another query. Regards