What is the cure for small bruising, pain and hard knot inside calf muscle?
User rating for this question
My 14 year old son got hit in the calf by another boy (the other boy's knee impacted my sons calf during a vollyball game). The area shows only slight, small bruising, but there is a very hard knot inside the muscle and my son is in a fair amount of pain...
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to a hematoma formation in the area. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Hard knot inside the muscle is likely to be due to a hematoma formation in the area. He need to avoid massaging the area and take a mild pain killer for relief. Do a cold compress on the area of injury. The pain and swelling might take over a week to subside. In case there is an acute pain and a sudden increase in swelling then consult your physician for a direct examination to rule out any infection in the area. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
People also viewed
- Leg cramps at night ovaries
- Lethargy late pregnancy
- Laser surgery for nose dent
- Torn meniscus leg cramps
- Losatran potassium leg cramps
- Is it hard to lose weight if you have sinus bradycardia
- Post polio and severe leg cramps
- Can voltaren cure pain, calf ?
- What is the cure for calf pain when swimming regularly
- Treatment and cure for chronic calf pain
- Shin injury bruise swelling discolouration fluid discharge calf pain cure
- Krimson 35 is it good to use it for a long term
- Severe cramping on outside of leg
- Treatment and cure for Pain in calf
- Liquid sour tasting discharge