What is the cure for sinus infection?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: steam inhalation thrice daily is beneficial Detailed Answer: Hello, I am glad to know that you are in good health. For a mild sinus infection, steam inhalation thrice daily along with anti-histamines like Tablet Zyrtec 10mg at bed time for a few days, would be ideal. If there is bacterial sinus infection, it needs appropriate antibiotics like Azithromycin. If the sinus infection is recurrent and disturbing your daily activities, surgery in the form of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) can be opted as a permanent solution to the problem. This is a broad overview of the treatment options of Sinus infection. Since the drainage is bad, you can initially try steam inhalation and Zyrtec, and watch accordingly. Let me know about any specific queries that you may have. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- My arms hurt on carbimazole
- Natural cure for sinus infection
- Burning tingly feeling in left arm
- Vitamins to treat tinnitus
- Will flucloxacillin cure sinus infection?
- Lymphoma arm elbow burning
- What is the cure for sinus infection
- Steroid shot for sinus
- Yellow spots on tonsils
- How to cure sinus infections
- Yoga when wearing arm cast
- Red spot on tonsil
- Uvula and tonsil surgery
- Cant feel right arm
- Sinus infection cures