What is the cure for sinus infection?

What can I do for a sinus infection. My ears hurt and the drainage is bad - especially at night . No further details. I know it is a sinus infection and I hope there is something to dry up my sinuses without antibiotics.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: steam inhalation thrice daily is beneficial Detailed Answer: Hello, I am glad to know that you are in good health. For a mild sinus infection, steam inhalation thrice daily along with anti-histamines like Tablet Zyrtec 10mg at bed time for a few days, would be ideal. If there is bacterial sinus infection, it needs appropriate antibiotics like Azithromycin. If the sinus infection is recurrent and disturbing your daily activities, surgery in the form of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) can be opted as a permanent solution to the problem. This is a broad overview of the treatment options of Sinus infection. Since the drainage is bad, you can initially try steam inhalation and Zyrtec, and watch accordingly. Let me know about any specific queries that you may have. Get well soon.