What is the cure for sinus infection?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: steam inhalation thrice daily is beneficial Detailed Answer: Hello, I am glad to know that you are in good health. For a mild sinus infection, steam inhalation thrice daily along with anti-histamines like Tablet Zyrtec 10mg at bed time for a few days, would be ideal. If there is bacterial sinus infection, it needs appropriate antibiotics like Azithromycin. If the sinus infection is recurrent and disturbing your daily activities, surgery in the form of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) can be opted as a permanent solution to the problem. This is a broad overview of the treatment options of Sinus infection. Since the drainage is bad, you can initially try steam inhalation and Zyrtec, and watch accordingly. Let me know about any specific queries that you may have. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Natural cure for sinus infection
- Will flucloxacillin cure sinus infection?
- Baby tubes in ear and bleeding
- Mouth ulcer on babys lips started bleeding
- What would be my ovulation time
- Baby cough nose bleeding
- Please suggest me the remedy for hair fall and flakes
- What is the cure for sinus infection
- Urgent needs for answer for entering and exiting during intercourse
- Cleaned baby ear q tip now bleeding
- How to cure sinus infections
- My pulse rate goes till 240 when working on treadmill
- I have been experiencing a tingling sensation when i pee
- Sinus infection cures
- Baby and bleeding nose and fall