What is the cure for reddish edges discoloration of crotch/inner thigh?

Jan 2014

Hello, I am male, 31, 6ft, 194-200 lbs (depending on the day). I smoke, have Asthma, and Bipolar Type-2. Just being thorough I guess. My problem is a Gray with reddish edges discoloration of Crotch/Inner Thigh that has an almost constant cycle of itching to fine, back to itching. The itching can almost be a burning sensation sometimes. After I shower its fine for a couple hours (no odor, minimal itching) then it returns. I have not been in a sexually active relationship for almost five years and this showed up about 6 months ago. I thought it was just dry skin and tried lotion but then the skin started discoloring so I thought it might have to do with my trimmers and bought a new set.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems like fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi. thanks for writing in to XXXXXXX Inner thighs itching with gray patch/discoloration and reddish edges seems most likely to be a case of fungal infection/tinea. Groin is common site for fungal infection specially in hot humid weather. 1.)I would advice that you apply one of the antifungal creams/lotions like clotrimazole, sertaconazole, luliconazole or sertaconazole twice daily for 2-4 weeks. 2.)Regular use of an antifungal dusting powder in that area at least twice daily and therafter for preventing recurrence. 3.)An oral antihistamine for 7-10 days like cetrizine, fexofenadine or loratidine would help relieve the itching. I would advice that you visit a nearby dermatologist and get a confirmatory diagnosis and prescription of all these medicines. take care regards