What is the cure for red blotchy spots on my belly button?

Ten days ago I found a big red blotch omn my side that was hot to the touch. I put some cortizone on which seemed to help, healing it rather quickly as the skin cracked and pealed, leaving a tag peeling stage it became very itchy and I began to see little pin-pricked sized red dots that were very itchy and then I saw more of them. Now they go from my belly button, around to my spine. I tried clortrimazole, thinking it could be fungal, but it kept spreading. Now I've just started Nystatin, thinking it's yeast. That seems to have calmed the redness down but the itchy XXXXXXX is driving me to distraction, even when I take Benadryl. Any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: pictures Detailed Answer: Hi Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail then at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can come to the exact diagnosis. Dr Geetika Paul