What is the cure for recurring boil in anal region? How to ease discomfort while passing motion?

Question
There is a recurring boil in the anal region near the hole.what could it be? causes discomfort while passing motion and even while sitting
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Recurring boil in that region can be due to frequent infection of small anal glands. It is facilitated by the moist and sweaty condition in that region. A sensitive broad spectrum antibiotic should heal it. However, if it does not happen, culture and sensitivity test needs to be done. Try to maintain the skin in that region as hygienic as possible It sometimes leads to anal abscess. For which surgical drainage is the best treatment. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: What is the cure for recurring boil in anal region? How to ease discomfort while passing motion? 7 hours later
thanks for the response. What specialist should I consult in case drainage is required....and what antibiotic can I take?

Answered by Dr. Guru 3 hours later
Brief Answer: General Surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! General Surgeon is the best doctor to consult in case drainage is required. And regarding antibiotic, it would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. Take Care!

Follow-up: What is the cure for recurring boil in anal region? How to ease discomfort while passing motion? 11 minutes later
Thanks for the help doc.

Answered by Dr. Guru 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: You are welcome! You may want to close the discussion and rate the answer.