What is the cure for purple rash on the penis head?

Hi I have a red purple rash on my penis head glans with white tenticale like lines on left and right side. It started about a month ago when I noticed small white faded spots one on left and one on right side. There were no other symptoms except a two day itching under penis glans. I allso noticed when taking shower that there were small white dots under glans of penis on right side but I didnt pay much attention to that no red color no discomfort. After itching a day or two later came a light dull pain on the same place and it was present almost every day and I could feel it from time to time. After that i started to notice light red color on glans "head of penis" around where white spots where before present "head of penis" the color became more and more intensive and it was starting to turn purple also at the same time i noticed that there was white rash starting to appear near where the pain was on foreskin of penis. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it was watery like but it was skin there was no discharge. Soon after pain sparkling tingling felling became present pain was still present from time to time on the same spot but tingling and sparkling was present around corona and on tip of penis no itching. After applying canasten cream 20 mg symptoms like sparkling tingling etc went away pain as still present although it was not present as much. After 3-4 days of treatment rash on foresking became smaller but still noticable. purple color went away and red color beacme more light but white tentical like lines became more visible . After a week now it seems that the rash is a bit smaller but white lines are a little less intense but still visible allso the pain seems to be present from time to time. also sking looks dry like and skin on rash is very smooth. If I touch rash there is no pain.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Quite possibly a fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing the question. I have carefully read through your complaints and I strongly feel you had a bout of fungal infection of the penis. The most convincing part is the resolution with use of anti-fungal cream. At this time I suggest you continue applying the anti-fungal cream for another 2 weeks for a complete resolution of your problem. Fungal skin infections do require a longer duration of treatment for complete cure. Hence I urge you to continue with the treatment. In case you notice any worsening of symptoms or persistence even after two weeks, you would be better served by visiting a skin specialist, as the correct diagnosis can only be made on a complete and careful examination of the affected part. I sincerely hope this information helps you. You are welcome to ask me if you have any doubts. Wishing you speedy recovery. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the cure for purple rash on the penis head? 25 minutes later
Is it normal that after a week of treatment rash is still present?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Fungal infections take time to go away Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. Maty, Thanks for writing back. It is indeed possible for the rash to persist for more than a week when the cause is a fungal infection. Please continue applying the cream canasten for two more weeks for complete resolution of the rash, it will take time, so please be patient. Wishing you good health. Warm regards,