What is the cure for pea sized lump on right thigh?

I have a small pea sized cyst/ lump under the skin on my right thigh that is somewhat sensitive to the touch
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: lipoma or sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin condition and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Form your description provided, it looks like either your have a lipoma or it is a sebaceous cyst. Lipomas are benign collections or fat under our Skin. These are usually painless and symptomless in nature. Overlying skin is completely normal looking. These can generally be left as such . But sometimes when there is sudden increase in size or these lesions cause pain, then removal is needed. Sebaceous cysts are characterized by their development around a hair follicle. So you can usually see a black spot in the middle of the swelling. These also need treatment or removal if there is any pain. These can get infected sometime and need antibiotics for treatment. I would advise you to take some painkillers for two to three days so as to decrease any inflammation. But if the pain still continues them you might have to see a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. Also if there is anything on the overlying skin, then you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and email them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. You can also upload them here on this page. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul