What is the cure for pain in tailbone area after having strained side muscles in a snowmobile accident?

Psychiatrist
Question
Had snowmobile accident where i and the machine flew off a nowel and landed on the flat ground. When i landed i stayed on the machine and upright. Landed so hard my butt hit the seat and bent the frame of the sled with my butt. One year later i begin having pain in my tailbone area when i get up from a sitting position. It is a quick shot of pain only when i take weight off my butt from sitting position. From the accident my back and side muscles were blown out , and spine was sprained.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Skin Cancer

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes it is related Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Yes this pain in your tailbone area whike you are taking it off weight could be very well related to the trauma that you had before. You shoukd get a CT scan or an X ray of the whole spine done with special focus on the tail bone and look for any fracture or damage. Untill then try keeping your tail bone off weight and prefer sleeping than sitting. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: What is the cure for pain in tailbone area after having strained side muscles in a snowmobile accident? 1 hour later
i have had this quick shot of pain (only when i take pressure off my butt from sitting) for 2 years now. What are the possibilities (from the trauma), that could be causing the quick blast of pain when taking pressure off my butt from sitting? The pain is tailbone area or about 1 inch into the butt crack.

Brief Answer: differentials.. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up query. The possibilities are 1. Fracture of tailbone which might have disoocated recently. 2. Trauma to the ligaments. Both these will be evident on MRI spine. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: What is the cure for pain in tailbone area after having strained side muscles in a snowmobile accident? 21 hours later
Hi, Lets assume, it is trauma to the ligaments. What are the 3 best possibilities of treatment to repair them.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repairs Detailed Answer: Hello The three best treatment in the most likely sequence is: 1) Rest -Heals with adequate rest. 2) Ligament repair. This is an opertaive procedure. However most of the patients do recover with adequate rest and you should not be an exception. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD