What is the cure for pain in lower belly and red welts?

General Surgeon
hi, i am having pain in my lower belly, and about 3 hours , red welts on my right side , about mid way around my side showed up, there are 3 of them , about 4 in's long, and there are 2 on my left side , lower on my belly
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Can you please attach a photo of mentioned welts? Lower abdominal pain is a very nonspecific symptom. Most common reason is urinary tract infection. With this condition frequent urinating, burning while urinating can appear. The pain can radiate to the back. Fever can be present. Abdominal pain and welts can be caused by some allergy reaction. Especially if you find this symptoms connected with some food intake. With allergy diarrhea usually appears. Other possible reasons of lower abdominal pain are inguinal hernia, ovarian cyst, ovarian inflammation. If you have any diarrhea/constipation, blood in stool, weight loss, large intestine issues are also possible. Generally with such pain, abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine analysis should be done at first. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.