What is the cure for my head pain spreading to my neck muscles when working on computer?

As soon as i go to office and start workig in computer, my back head start paining and it spreading to my neck muscles. Its really hurting with sharp pains, giddiness, head ache. Im working in computer daily for almost 10hrs. Cannot concentrate on my work. Please help.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Looks like neck muscle spasm. Detailed Answer: Hello, Your symptoms indicate case of cervical muscle spasm.Its common with overwork on computers. Few things which can help you are - reducing working on computer as job might permit, taking frequent breaks, applying analgesic gel/spray to neck muscles, wearing neck collar if pain is severe, applying ice packs, taking muscle relaxants depending on pain intensity, optimizing posture and position of computer screen to cause less strain, sleeping in good posture and taking help of physiotherapy. These measure can help relieve your symptoms and also prevent or delay cervical spondylosis. Hope this helps to answer your questions.Regards.
Follow-up: What is the cure for my head pain spreading to my neck muscles when working on computer? 19 hours later
Is it a serious problem? Should i want to undergo any medication?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later
Brief Answer: At the moment this is not something serious. Detailed Answer: This is common issue among those who work for hours on computer. Please try things I have suggested.If those fail to help then you might need to see doctor and also try few medications. If headache is major symptom then you might need clinical evaluation to rule out migraine as well. Hope this answers your questions.