What is the cure for muscle pain and red spots on upper spine?

Rheumatologist
Question
i have red spot on upper spine. I been in a lot of pain such as muscle pain and joint pain. Apparently my chiropractor says I have a rib that is poking out due to muscle weakness. I had two neck surgeries a year ago, and the spot is below the cervical area The rib popping is on my right side
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that since your treating doctor has examined you he remains the best judge of the situation and must have guided you rightly but this sound something weird to me . Rib popping due to muscle weakness is what I didnt get , it can be possible if you had a trauma . Any ways since you suffer from crohns disease there is a possibilty that you may be suffering form IBD associated arthritis which is a very common feature in people having crohns disease . You need to see a rheumatologist for this for complete evaluation as only after physical evaluation anything can be said . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What is the cure for muscle pain and red spots on upper spine? 1 hour later
Thank you. I was in a car wreck a year ago , so I don't know if that can cause the rib popping? I don't have arthritis because I was tested for it. I did have neck surgery due to car wreck. I guess I should speak to my pcp and go from there. Thanks for the help

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, It is a pleasure for me if I would have been of any help to you . Take care. Dr. Shruti