What is the cure for mild contusions in left knee condyle femur?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014
Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
i hav mild contusions in left knee condyle femur due to tennis..i did mri scan n i was told to rest for 1 month without any stress on my knees..my physio taught me quadriceps exercise.. its almost 3 months bt still i sometimes hav this pain ..is there any alternate exercise or diet...im 19 and 80kg
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not worry about the occasional pain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I have gone through the MRI report attached. Contusion of bone sometime takes more time to heal. Do not worry about the occasional pain. It will go with time and physiotherapy exercises. Beside quadriceps exercises, you can do hamstring exercises to strengthen the muscle around knee. Taking calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements will also help in early recovery. Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, nuts, milk, eggs, pulses and cereals. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care

Follow-up: What is the cure for mild contusions in left knee condyle femur? 5 minutes later
do i need to wear knee cap or crepe ?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: No any need to wear knee cap or crepe. Detailed Answer: Hi, There is no any need to wear knee cap or crepe.

Follow-up: What is the cure for mild contusions in left knee condyle femur? 22 minutes later
tnx a lot ...ill follow ur advices

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Wishing you speedy recovery.