What is the cure for lip swelling?
User rating for this question
For past 2 weeks I have had a problem with my lip swelling. First it was my upper lip. 5 days later my lower lip. Now tonight my upper lip is beginning to swell again. Only lasts for 4-5 hours before returning to normal. Haven't done anything different. Did start taking Nugenix for past 4 -5 months.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description, it seems you could be having angioedema of lips. The cause for the same is mostly idiopathic, however it could be allergic or due to some medicines. To treat the same, initially take an oral antihistamine like cetirizine twice in a day for a week and then according to response, the dose of cetirizine can be tapered. If no response is seen, please meet a dermatologist nearby for further investigations and suitable treatment. Should therebe any other query, please write back.
People also viewed
- Fiber in my vaginal
- What is the cure for lip swelling
- Final stage of liver metastases
- Final weeks of life
- Swollen upper lip ocaine
- Yellow pus filled sore on vagina
- What fixes vaginal lip swelling
- Treatment and cure for Lip swelling
- Quivering lip symptom 3 year old
- Puss filled spots on vagina
- Open pores red top lip
- Open pore on lip
- Penis right lip opening
- Treatment and cure for chronic lip swelling
- Bug bite on lip swelling scarred what is wrong