What is the cure for lip swelling?
User rating for this question
For past 2 weeks I have had a problem with my lip swelling. First it was my upper lip. 5 days later my lower lip. Now tonight my upper lip is beginning to swell again. Only lasts for 4-5 hours before returning to normal. Haven't done anything different. Did start taking Nugenix for past 4 -5 months.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description, it seems you could be having angioedema of lips. The cause for the same is mostly idiopathic, however it could be allergic or due to some medicines. To treat the same, initially take an oral antihistamine like cetirizine twice in a day for a week and then according to response, the dose of cetirizine can be tapered. If no response is seen, please meet a dermatologist nearby for further investigations and suitable treatment. Should therebe any other query, please write back.
People also viewed
- What is the cure for lip swelling
- Dry skin agent orange
- Internal allergy causes
- Agent ornge related itching
- Diagnosis of Streptococcal skin infection
- Atopic dermatitis and agent orange
- Agent orange skin problems in groin
- What fixes vaginal lip swelling
- Symptoms of Fat cyst
- Treatment and cure for Lip swelling
- Seborrheic dermatitis and agent orange
- Drugs/medication for Rash strep throat
- Treatment and cure for chronic lip swelling
- Diagnosis of Rare heart disease
- Bug bite on lip swelling scarred what is wrong