What is the cure for itchy body, swelling hands and lips and heart racing?

swelling hands an lips itchy head an body bad and heart racing thought I was going to die last nite I prayd very scary I got out of work eary today also threw up just got sum liquid benadrl whats going on plse
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: severe allergic reaction Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic The swelling of your hands and lips, itchiness of your head and body, increased heart rate , are in keeping with an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe. Severe reactions can involve the heart rate changes that you noticed. Some persons may also experience shortness of breath.The most severe reactions are called anaphylactic reactions. It is very important for you to try to identify what you may be allergic to ,this is so that it can be avoided in the future. If you are unable to identify it then you may want to consider asking your doctor for an allergy test. The use of the anti histamine benadry was the correct response. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions