What is the cure for inflamed and painful little toe?

my left little toe get inflamed and is very painful
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I need more info in order to help you better as the information given is not enough to come to a conclusion. 1. How did it get inflamed ? 2. Is it swollen and red? 3.Are you able to bend the toe? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cure for inflamed and painful little toe? 9 minutes later
I don't know how it get inflamed ,but in the morning is worse, is a sort of soft corn between the toes ,and yes I can bent my toe
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anti inflammatory drugs to be taken Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the quick reply For an inflamed toe I suggest you to take a course of antibiotic, the ideal antibiotic would be a combination of amox with clavulanic acid, taken twice daily for 5 days. It popularly comes as Tab Augmentin. The ideal anti inflammatory drug would be to take Tab Enractin plus twice daily for 3 days, it also helps reduce the pain. I advice to discuss my suggestions with a general surgeon, please do not consider this my prescription to you I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery