What is the cure for high potassium and BP levels?

My potassium is high around 5.4 and my BP continues to shoot up. Advise plz. Thnx
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 6 minutes later
Hi Thanks for your query. It seems that you have got some kidney disease. Go for serum urea and creatinine examination and visit a doctor as soon as possible. Best wishes
Follow-up: What is the cure for high potassium and BP levels? 4 days later
Hello Doctor Wanted to update u on my status. Urea and creatinine levels are well within normal range. Dr advised me to take Concor 2.5 mg and situation improved a little bit Pulse is stable at 60 by using Concor 2.5 and the BP stays within the normal range of 130/80 however it has started to get high by evening with a reading of 140/90. What should i do? Concor Dosage increase may take the pulse below this understanding right? What possible solution do u have in mind to keep BP stable throughout the day and night? Many thx .
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer: If possible go for ECG and echocardiography Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up. Concor 2.5 mg is a right choice. But your high potassium level has not been explained properly. I wish if you could go for a repeat testing of renal function testing. You must stick to this dose for a few days to see its full effect. Increasing dose does not affect heart rate till if you have got heart failure. In that case it is contraindicated. You must go for an ECG and if possible echocardiography. Best wishes