What is the cure for hair folliculitis in my private area?

Hi, Iam 27 yrs old female, sufferring from hair folliculities for the past 3 years..Need help to cure this
I am suffering this in and around my private area.Done culture test. Found out staphyloccoccus aureus in 2009. Since then having antibiotics. When I have antibiotics, it will get cured for 1 month, after that again it will start. For how long I have to take these antibiotics? need help
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: What is the cure for hair folliculitis in my private area? 8 minutes later
I had my last antibiotic, azithromycin in the month of march
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Recurrent hair folliculitis that too in the private area means the area is repeatedly getting infected due to may be improper hygiene or low immunity or associated factors like diabetes.

For this, you need to maintain a proper hygeine, look for any associated diseases like HIV or diabetes- please get it examined by a dermatologist and few investigations like routine blood and urine tests along with blood sugar levels might be required.

It would be better to get a fresh culture and sensitivity test done as for right antibiotic treatment until the cultures turns negative.

General measures like intake of 7-10 glasses of water daily, avoidance of all cosmetics should also be maintained for good and faster results.

A combination of antibiotics will be better for controlling the problem rather than a single drug.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.