What is the cure for frequent gas and stomach uneasiness?

hello sir, My mother is suffering from frequent gas and stomach uneasiness. The typical symptoms includes: 1. Pain in the upper abdomen part. 2. Dizziness 3. Loss of appetite 4. Constipation These problems has been consulted with local doctor,but there is very less improvement. The problem re-occurs in 8-10 days. please suggest The medical reports are attached. current prescribed medicines: a. Parit 20 mg b. Gastractive c. Panlipase d. Inj.: Neorobion Regards, XXXXX
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibilities : stomach+intestine infection or IBS Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. From the information provided, your mother is apparently suffering from either, ** stomach and intestinal infection, most likely by H.pylori bacteria with or without co-existing worm infestation. A 2-weeks' course of anti-H.pylori therapy along with Gastractiv;;followed- from 15th onwards- by 3-6 months of Parit; A month's course of Probiotics, such as, lactobacilli + A deworming course (single dose of Albendazole 400mg) once a month should be given. She will be cured of all symptoms within 3-6 months. ** Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It is usually associated with constant mental stress, anxiety and depression. A prolonged (6-12 months) course of Tricycclic antidepressant + an anti-anxiety drug will be great help. In addition, high fiber diet, plenty of water (2.5-3 liters/day), restricted fat intake, regular exercises (brisk walks), vitamins + minerals supplements, Isabgol husk 10gm twice daily will keep her problems under control. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; and will prescribe the advised treatment in appropriate doses.. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal