What is the cure for frequent diarrhea?

A couple of day ago i eat raw salmon. My diarhea started yesterday i had three times diarhea. But today i must have at least fifteen time diarhea no blood in the diarhea . I have cramp my stomach makes alot of noise. Should i let this run its coarse or take anti duarhea meds like amodium ad. A quick responds would help thanks i have diarhea for about three to 4days now please advise
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Start anti diarrheal medications Detailed Answer: With that frequency of diarrhea, you should start anti diarrheal medications. Also, increase water intake with salt to avoid dehydration. If symptoms continue after that or you feel excessive weakness, then you will need tests to rule out gastroenteritis and a course of antibiotics too. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards