Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the cure for constant dripping from bladder that has caused the area to be sore and red?

my prostate has been removed for many years and I am incontinent . There is constant dripping from my bladder and caused the area to be sore and red. Is there some way to cure such a condition ??
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diversion surgery Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thanks for your query. Indeed, incontinence is a complication of prostate surgery. there are no great medications to treat it, so for correction most of the options are surgical. One of the procedures, which is seen in patients with bladder cancer, is to divert the urine to the intestines; other patients get a cystostomy (tube from the bladder) in a similar way as a colsotomy works. Otherwise, there are times where the urology surgeon can do a local repair at the level of the bladder/urethra. I would encourage you to talk to a good Urology Surgeon about these options; your overall health seems good and age by itself should not preclude you from the benefit of a consultation. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Hope that helps wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN
Follow-up: What is the cure for constant dripping from bladder that has caused the area to be sore and red? 14 minutes later
Please advise for my advanced age, just how to heal or improve my condition . There used to be sulfa salve or powder. surely there is a medicine that reduce the redness and severe urination poisoning that is continuing to go on.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: DomeBoro Detailed Answer: In terms of alleviation of local irritation, there is an astringent called DomeBoro from Bayer, that can be quite useful in such circumstances. Many times, a topical antifungal cream such as miconazole or clotrimazole is also very helpful, particularly in the red, beefy areas. Hope that helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance.