What is the cure for burned tongue syndrome post neck surgery?

I have had burned tounge sysndrome every since a neck surgery and in recovery I thru up all acid... my nerves of tounge have never came back hot and certain foods cant eat without pain or tears.. this is off and on.. sometimes see white blisters side of tounge not always and my tounge looks streaky part of it
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lifestyle changes and diet are the only remedies Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I am sorry to hear about your presentation and diagnosis. Unfortunately, there is no medical treatment for your condition, and from extensive studies conducted only a few lifestyle changes have been found to be beneficial. I shall list these remedies out for you, with a few other suggestions; based on the provided history. They are: -Avoid the use of tobacco and its products -Drink plenty of water, as this helps make your oral cavity more comfortable -Avoid eating heavy meals, preferably have 5-6 small meals through the day -Avoid spicy food -Avoid carbonated drinks -Avoid hot food, preferably room temperature or cold food -Avoid acidic food -Avoid coffee or tea -Practice relaxation techniques to help relax; also avoid stressful environments -Avoid cinnamon and/or mint I am really sorry there is no effective treatment for your condition ma'am. My deepest apologies for not providing you with a concrete solution for your condition. But if there is anything more I can do, please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.