What is the cure for arthritis in left knee?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi since two weeks ago my let knee has been very painful. Visited a General Practitioner who diagnose as arthritis.. Once the knee is at an angle it is painful. While driving it is painful as it is o difficult to keep the leg straight. I was given a pain killer injection and 10 Vimovo 500mg/20mg to take twice a day for 5 days. This helps only a little. Could you assist the treatment of this illness
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray both knee standing AP view done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. You must get x-ray of both knees standing in AP view done. Send me report only then your proper diagnosis is made and further treatment is advised. Taking pain killer injection and 10 Vimovo 500mg/20mg alone will not help. Send me report of physical examination. Only after viewing x-ray of knee I will do grading of osteoarthritis of your knee because grade 4 osteoarthritis need different treatment than grade1. You may also discuss all this with your doctor. He may in addition prescribe you some local oil application e.g elmore oil and glucosamine sulphate supplements. Since you have duodenal ulcer and hypertension you should not take any medicine without discussing with any doctor. Till then you may do quadriceps straightening exercises as uploaded on you tube. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. Thanks. Dr.Singh.